Youth Engagement Project Lead (Full-time temporary contract)
The EFCL is looking for a Youth Engagement Project Lead to join its team for a summer contract under the Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program to assist with creating stronger youth engagement for Community Leagues in Edmonton. As a CSJ candidate, you must be between the ages of 15 and 30.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position is intended to lead a project that will identify and develop opportunities for youth to be engaged in Community Leagues in a leadership capacity. The successful candidate will:
- Develop relationships with schools, school programs, and youth-serving organizations
- Develop training and resources for youth to be involved in Community Leagues (leadership, recreation, and social opportunities)
- Develop and adapt tools and resources for Community Leagues to engage young people and understand youth needs in the community
- Build collaborative relationships with organizations that serve youth
- Conduct research on youth engagement and leadership strategies to determine barriers and design interventions.
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume and only those selected for an interview
will be contacted. Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application screening will begin on April 7, 2019.